Prenatal Chiropractic in Lincoln, NE
Starting in preconception, throughout pregnancy, and continuing into postpartum, chiropractic care is essential for mothers. At Express Life Chiropractic, our aim is to make the pregnancy journey as enjoyable as possible for moms. So much beautiful change takes place during this time and it is vital that the pelvis is balanced, the spine is in proper alignment, and most importantly the nervous system is clear and connected.
The Webster technique is a specific chiropractic analysis used to reduce the effects of sacral subluxation/SI dysfunction. In doing so, neuro-biomechanical function in the pelvis is facilitated. Sacral subluxation may contribute to difficult labor for the mother (i.e., dystocia), caused by inadequate uterine function, pelvic contraction, and baby mal-presentation. Correction of sacral subluxation may have a positive effect on all of these causes of dystocia.
PRECONCEPTION / INFERTILITY
The nerves and blood vessels in the low back region regulate reproductive organs and supply nutrients to the fetus. If you feel as though you have exhausted all your fertility options, chiropractic care may be the affordable and natural solution that you are searching for. When your spine is in alignment, your body will be free of nerve interference and this promotes optimal function pre-conception and reduces chances of infertility.
Benefits prior to pregnancy include, but are not limited to:
- Promotes regular menstrual cycles
- May help optimize uterine function
- Prepares body for healthy implantation
- Ensures proper nerve supply to reproductive organs
CARE DURING PREGNANCY
Chiropractic care during pregnancy reduces interference to the mother’s nervous system, which coordinates all systems and functions within her body.
- Helps to create a state of balance in the pelvic muscles, ligaments, and bony structures, which prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth
- Reduces torsion to the woman’s uterus by removing tension on the ligaments that support the uterus
- Allows for a safer and easier birth for the mother, decreasing the potential for intervention such as inducement or C-section
- Detection and prevention of fetal malposition (breech and transverse babies)
- Reduction in pelvic and back pain as mom’s body grows with her growing baby
- More comfort while breastfeeding
- Greater production of breast milk
- Helps to rebalance the body’s emotions and hormones
- Less incidence of postpartum depression
- Provides optimal environment and nerve supply to mother’s body as she adapts from pregnancy and delivery
CHIROPRACTIC CAN HELP WITH
- Round ligament pain/strain
- Low back pain
- Pelvic pain
- Neck pain
- Joint pain
- Sciatic nerve pain
- Pubic symphysis pain
- Breech baby position
WHEN AND HOW TO GET STARTED
Schedule your first prenatal visit as soon as you find out you’re expecting, or even better, before you see those two lines.
Create an individualized plan with Dr. Ashley and Dr. Troy.
Begin the journey of supporting your body’s alignment and create an optimal pregnancy and birth experience!